- Do your homework. You could try a bunch of products and feel disappointed when you d0n't get the results you want and then call your dermatologist for help, or you could call and make an appointment with us today and avoid wasting your money, time, and energy. Greenville Dermatology is your best resource on anti-aging information and treatment.
- Protect by day and repair by night. All dermatologists agree that wearing sunscreen daily is your number one anti-aging weapon. Using a sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection that is SPF 30 or higher will not only protect your skin against sun damage but will also help repair damage your skin has already incurred. Moisturizers are typically the "secret ingredient" in anti-aging creams because it plumps up fine lines and improves skin's complexion.
- Expensive doesn't always mean better. Sometimes you're just paying for the name. There are many over-the-counter products that work just as well or better than their pricey competitors.
- No one product works for everyone. Your friend may swear by a product, but you may not experience the same results because you have different skin types or skin concerns.
- "Clinically proven" doesn't necessarily mean effective. Oftentimes the product is given to a sample of people to try for a few weeks and then they report whether or not they saw improvement. Products tested in this way are not reviewed by the FDA.
Your dermatologist is your best ally. Schedule your appointment with me and we'll work together to find the right product for you. Call Greenville Dermatology today at (864) 242-5872 and make your appointment today!